Friday, January 1, 2016

Hello 2016!

I promise I am going to start posting more than once a month!! ;) There was so many times I wanted to sit down and write about our adventures in Third Grade or the fun preschool things we are doing at home, but the last months of the year were pretty much survival for me while I dealt with morning , I mean, all day sickness and trying to keep up with the boys, the house, lesson plans, etc. etc. But I definitely turned a corner in December and started to get life {mostly} on track at home, so now I am ready to add more things back on my plate! ;) 

So to start the new year, I will be linking up with Farley's Currently and hopefully I will figure out a good posting schedule from here on out!


{listening}
Silence is truly GOLDEN. It's been a very wet couple of weeks and the boys' energy is a little too much for this small house sometimes! It's nice at the end of a loud day to have a little peace and quiet. 

{loving}
That may not make sense to most people, but I spent most of this week thinking the 1st fell on a Saturday. (pregnancy brain!) So when I realized that New Years Eve was a Thursday, and I have a whole extra day, I was quite thankful! And Will has off on Monday, so that gives me an extra day with him at home too... then it's back to school for all of us on Tuesday!

{thinking}
I have not thought about goals, resolutions, or anything for this new year! This pregnancy has left me TIRED and I honestly don't want to set any goals for myself that I am not going to be able to keep up with! BUT I do think some small monthly goals would help me accomplish some of the things that have been hanging over my head. I was able to get a huge chunk of lesson plans figured out this week, but I definitely have some TPT projects that need to be completed, and I want to figure out a way to keep up with the housework that piles up every day!

{wanting}
I want a ME day. At home. Where I can do WHATEVER I want, WHENEVER I want to. With no one needing anything from me, wanting me to get more food, needing me to change diapers, help solve disputes...
I recharge with solitude and I think after a busy couple of months I need to day just to myself. 

{needing}
Seriously. There are so many areas of my house that need a good cleaning. But its getting harder and harder to bend down, or fit in the tight space, etc. I already have my 5 year old follow me around with a little dust pan to clean up what I sweep up so I don't have to bend over! But I love to start the New Year with a clean house and that is definitely not happening this year! ;)

{one little word}
GRACE--for myself and those around me. I need to show LOTS of grace to my boys even when I am exhausted. Grace to my husband who is swamped with school and classes and trying to help out at home in the things I can't do well anymore. Grace to myself because I am TIRED and don't need to have it all together. Because sometimes pajama days where we watch a little too much TV and snack a bunch instead of eat real food is okay, if it means we can keep being happy and not overtired. So I want to show more grace. And accept it too.

So the goal is for most posts to show up on Wednesdays and Fridays! Wednesdays will be about all that is going on in third grade and Friday will be more of our preschool fun at home. My life is such a mix of both it's hard to not do both! ;) I hope you will follow along! 

Be sure to head back to Farley's Currently to read to find out what more teachers are currently up to! :)


2 comments:

  1. Grace. . . I love that word. Always a wonderful reminder that we receive grace and to give grace! I hope you get your ME day soon!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love to start the new year with a good cleaning (since we have the break the week before). I cleaned out the closets. My 4 year old thought it was the best secret hideout and started moving her toys in. :) Hope you get that ME day soon.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Comments or Questions?