Friday, June 5, 2015

Five for Friday: Last day of school!

Today is bittersweet. It's the last day of school. 
I'm linking up with Kacey's Five For Friday to share some of the fun things that have been going on this week!

{one}
Wednesday we had our class celebration. I passed out awards and their summer packets! It was a fun celebration and they loved their awards and prizes from Fabulous in First!

{two}
Okay. This is the sweetest book! I love the author/illustrator team, and they put together a precious book. I read it to the kids and could not keep the tears away!

{three}
I used this fun build a teacher bundle from Melonheadz (its like paper dolls on the computer! so fun!) to make teacher presents for my teammates! Our literacy coach kindly did some detective work and gave each of my teammates a little break and asked the kiddos to describe their teacher. The kids did a great job keeping it a secret! Then I typed them up, added a picture of each teacher, and decoupaged it onto a 8X10 canvas! With all the changes our team is going through this year, I thought it would be a special way to remember this year. 
and a bonus, they were a hit! ;)

{four}
Is it bad I am so shocked that stuff is actually growing? On the edges are the massive sunflowers, in the middle are lima beans, and to the side is some watermelon! I wish we had more time to watch them keep growing and enjoy the produce! 


{five}
7 years, close to 140 students, 20 different teammates, 1 grade, 1 classroom, 1 school.
I know lots of people have spent a lot longer in one place. 
In the grand scheme 7 years of teaching is not that long, but it has been very special. 
Lots of challenges and joys. 

But now its time to say good bye to Room 105, and say hello to new adventures!
Hope you all have a great summer!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift for your teammates! I love it! I hope you enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little gifts you gave to members of staff! They look so cute!! Well done on your gardening!! Looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments or Questions?