Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Fourteen in '14

So of course I would wait until the last day of 2014 to link up with Miss Kindergarten for:

Here are 14 of my precious memories from 2014!

one.
Snow, Snow, Snow! Living in South Carolina we aren't used to much snow, but this year we got our fair share of snow days! The boys loved playing in it.

two.
strawberry picking with these two was so. much. fun! We missed apple picking this year so this was our only fruit picking adventure!

three.
Watching these two boys together makes me happy every day. They are the sweetest, most loving boys a mom could ask for!

four.
yep. I survived the 2013-2014 school year. Some years are very interesting, and that year shall go down as being quite memorable! ;)


five.
I had a training in Atlanta and at the end Will and the boys drove over to meet me and we had a blast at the Georgia Aquarium, Coke Factory, Fernbank Museum, and Atlanta Zoo!

six.
Our first family vacation to Hilton Head. I love that place. The beaches, bike rides, and fun in the sand! So many wonderful memories. Alex's attitude sums it up perfectly! ;)

seven.
When did he get old enough to start preschool?!?

eight.
I started this fun little blog as a way to reflect and keep inquiry going in my classroom! As you can see I've been playing around with the graphics quite a bit! ;) I'm learning as I go! I also started my TPT shop! And I have my store 20% these next two days so be sure to check it out!

nine.
my sister and family came down to SC to visit. It was so fun to see the cousins have a ball together.

ten.
For a little blogger like me, I was pretty excited about this! :)


eleven.
the saddest memory of the year was my grandfather passing away in October. Even through the grief we are so thankful for the godly example he was to us all and the legacy he left. I found this quote written in one of his Bibles.

twelve.
As we gathered for my grandpa's funeral, the silver lining was that I was able to see all my family again! It was the first time in over 2 years that we were all able to be together!


thirteen.
I love it when things keep clicking when you teach. This year has been our best year yet for planning and implementing our IB units. I love to see how the students are internalizing things and making connections too! It brings me so much joy!

fourteen.
Thank goodness for Winter Break. It has been a much needed time to rest and enjoy family.

I'll be honest, I am hoping for some changes to come in 2015. I don't really know what the year holds at this point, so I am so thankful for all the wonderful things we were able to see and do this year. I know that each joy and challenge have made me the teacher and person I am today!

Here's to an amazing 2015!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Questions?