Friday, October 31, 2014

Five For Friday: Goodbye October!

Not only were we celebrating red ribbon week, but Halloween too! Craziness!! But we survived and had a great week!


1. We are finishing up our unit on Sharing the Planet. The kids decided we needed to try composting so we spent a morning researching and finding out information about it, and then today we put it together! Read here for more details. I'm really curious to find out if it will turn out!


2. We also collaborated with a fourth grade class to reuse our trash by turning it into something useful! The kids had so much fun working together. We watched the Landfill harmonic first. I need to watch the whole documentary sometime. It is so amazing!


3. Our district is smart and made today a half day for professional development! The kids could not get over the fact that we weren't going to spend the whole day talking about halloween anyways, so it works out well! ;) Anyways, this is the second year that our school has done a cancer awareness walk. We walk around the school. It is such an awesome thing to see all the pink and kids come together at the end and meet in front of the school. Last year it really brought us together as a school community after a lot of change. This year it was just as wonderful!


4. Call me a nerd, but good collaboration in planning makes me so HAPPY! We are working on our new planner and it makes me so excited to teach it! We still have to finish the planning, but I think it is just what our kids need. It's that time of the year when they can get comfortable with school and the procedures, but thinking about greatness can encourage them to keep striving for more! I'm SO excited!!

5. Happy Halloween! We had fun trick or treating tonight!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]




2 comments:

  1. Your trash to treasure projects look great! Keep us updated on that compost - I think I might try it at some point!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wrote here: http://inquiringourway.blogspot.com/2014/11/composting.html about how we started, but I will certainly update again about how it is turning out! I'm glad we finally tried it!

      Delete

Comments or Questions?