Thursday, May 14, 2015

Changes in the air...

So a little while ago I commented about wanting to make some changes to my blog design. Because I have fun playing around with stuff like that! :)
well, here is a sneak peek at what it might look like soon...


Do you see the biggest difference? ;)

THIRD GRADE!!

After seven years at the same school, in the same grade level, and the same classroom, some BIG changes are taking place.

The coolest thing is that most of my days will be spent at home with my boys. My husband and I decided back in January that I was going to take a break from teaching. I wanted to be able to focus more on my family for a while and not feel like I was being pulled in a 100 directions. He is in the process of finding a full time job because he has been the one staying home with the boys. But even in the midst of all of these unknowns, we feel a lot of peace with this decision!

So you might also see a bit of preschool fun that we are doing at home. :) Mostly that will revolve around exploring life through the eyes of a four and two year old!

Two mornings a week I am going to teach some sweet third graders Writing, Literature, and History. It is an amazing school that partners with homeschooling families. I got to visit one morning and was so impressed with everything! I'm really excited to be a part of it and happy too that my boys will be in the preschool programs at the same school! 

So, honestly, I am not totally sure what direction this blog will take. It will probably be a combination of the education things I am still involved in. I have a long list of things I have been wanting to make for TPT that I have not had time too so hope to keep making some fun stuff too. Some stuff will work perfectly with what I will be doing next year, so I am excited to start working on that over the summer! 

Also I added a new tab! I know teachers are busy... moms are too, but since I will be at home a little more, I want to take some requests if you have them! I know that there are tons of resources out there, but often when I create things its because I can't find exactly what I am looking for.
Check out the form! Of course life is a little crazy with end of school stuff, but when you are planning over the summer, feel free to make some requests and I will let you know if I can help! The resource will be free for you, but I will put it in my store too. 

I'm excited about that too, I always dreamed about just making everything for free and putting it out there for teachers. I know that there are so many costs that add up for teachers and everyone is so busy and overworked. For me its always the little things that others do to help me out, so at least this is a start in that direction! 

I hope you will stick around as our family inquires our way through these new phases of life! It should be an interesting journey! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Questions?