Friday, July 3, 2015

Five for Friday: Hello July!

This summer is a mix of planning for my two mornings a weeks as a 3rd grade teacher and planning for what the days with two boys will look like. :) Not that we are feeling more normal after all of our busy travels, I have been able to put more effort into all the things that need to get done for the rest of the summer! 
Here's a taste of what went on this week! 


{one}
the best part of baking is getting to lick the spoon. :)

{two} 
Alex loves to pull out the math tub. As I have been sorting through the remnants of my first grade life, I have found a lot of great math activities and Alex has had fun using them!
I love listening to him count and talk about needing "one more". He also puts the bears in patterns!

This was my favorite yard sale find ever! I could do pattern blocks all day! :) I want to have a little structure in our day, while making sure that learning stays fun, so this is a great way to do it!


{three}
more time at home means more time to sort through the seven years of classroom STUFF that is currently residing in my spare room. Of course as I went through the books, I barely got rid of any, but Liam and Alex have already loved reading the new books. One box is making its way to my yard sale pile. Mostly because it was duplicates, or not favorites! ;)


I am a major office supply addict. I have a million sharpies, and pens of all kinds! Combining it has kind of been a challenge, but its getting there! My house has been getting a good clean as I figure out what things add in from my classroom and then what needs to be added to the yard sale pile! 

{four}
I'm trying to navigate the world of third grade as I write my Long Range Plans for Reading and Writing.  I enjoy planning ahead, but it's also hard to think through everything when I have never taught it before. I will work closely with the 4th and 5th grade teachers, so that is helpful, but I have to do it bits at a time or I get really frustrated! I am looking forward to when I can start to see all the pieces come together once the school year starts.

{five}
I thought the July 4th celebrations needed to start with a SALE! My store will be 20% today through Sunday! Click on the picture to head to my store. Be sure to check out the back to school category too for lots of great resources to get you started off on the right foot!

I'm linking up with Kacey's Five for Friday! Be sure to check out how all the other teachers are spending their summer! I know lots of people are getting ready for some fun in Vegas! Maybe one day! ;)


4 comments:

  1. The picture of your little guy licking the mixer is TOO cute! I have to say that is my favorite part of baking, too! haha Good luck with your planning. I have been putting off my planning and I need to get busy because before I know it, school will be starting again!
    Miss King's Enchanted Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teacher supply drawers are beautiful! I've never seen big clear drawers like those.

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a yard sale find! I was thrilled! :)

      Delete

Comments or Questions?