Friday, February 13, 2015

Five for Friday: Happy Valentine's Day {sale and a freebie}!

It's been a busy week! We get to enjoy a four day weekend now, with hopes of some snow next week! (In South Carolina it doesn't take much to get our hopes up!)

Here is what we have been up to this week:

one: We have been working on adjectives so we wrote adjective poems describing ourselves. We picked several body parts (eyes, nose, hands, feet, etc) and then wrote an adjective describing each one. They ended with an adjective and their name. The poems were so sweet!


two: I added a new freebie to my facebook page. We used several pages this week for Valentine's day, and I have a couple added for St. Patrick's, and will add more throughout the year! Graphing with fun foods always makes the kids more attentive on a crazy day or week! ;) You can go here to grab it in the fan freebies tab!



three: We have been reading lots of Mo Willems this month... well mostly Elephant and Piggie! The kids have been writing their own elephant and piggie books. Check out some of the things we have been doing with those books here.


four: We have been busy in small groups this week. I have found some patterns as I have been conferencing during independent reading and used those to plan my strategy groups this week. It is the first time in a while I felt like our guided reading groups were productive so that made me happy! You can read more about it here!


five: These valentine treats were easy, but lots of fun to put together! You read about them and grab the printables here!


It was so nice to have a productive week after a couple of crazy ones! Having a long weekend to look forward too was wonderful too! 
To spread some more love my TPT store is on Sale this weekend! Click on the picture to check it out!


I'm linking up with Doodle Bug Teaching's Five for Friday! Hope you all have a great weekend!
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or Questions?