Friday, August 15, 2014

Five for Friday: {Birthday Edition}

I am linking up with DoodleBugs Teaching's Five for Friday Linky Party!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3] 

It has been a crazy week! Not only have we headed back to school for inservice and workdays, but it was my birthday week too!

1. I love using technology in the classroom. Last year our school provided us with 5 classroom iPads plus I had 2 from Donor's Choose so I had a lot of kids able to use them in a variety of ways last year.
 I posted some ideas for managing iPads and listed a bunch of my favorite apps.
You can click here to find the post!

2.  I grew up in Japan so decided that we would eat Japanese for my birthday. We had gyoza, udon, edamame, and lychee. My sister made a coconut cake for me too. :)



3. I never get to blow out my birthday candles anymore! We celebrated a day early because we had back to school night for Alex's preschool on my birthday. I can't believe he is going to start school. It felt funny being on the parent end of the back to school night. 


4. Check out this freebie at my TPT store! Some cute bookmarks to pass out to your kiddos on their birthdays.
Birthday Bookmarks
 

5. I decided on a new teacher bag this year. I got a Zip-top Organizing Utility Tote and a Fold-n-File to put in it from Thirty-One Gifts! I love how I can stick my files in it and I am hoping that it keeps me really organized between school and home.


 I am ready to sprawl out on the couch and do NOTHING! My list will have to wait til tomorrow... :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! What a yummy birthday dinner. My daughter is (so am I) a huge fan of edamame beans.
    Love the bag! Thirty-One has so many great bags.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    The Techie Playground 

    ReplyDelete

Comments or Questions?